Who: Everybody smoochin or punchin.
What: wedding festivities and the apocolypse. Wow!
When: January 5-8th
Where: the Clocktower. The moon? The doors!!
Rating: P for Pow
They had to do it now, that's what they had said. Now, in front of everyone, here at the clocktower. The stage was set for a blast of a time, as gorgeous as it could be at the last minute. The festivities were bound to be a fantastic time, even with looming orange moon filling half the sky.
At least, it was a nice time before the nightmare of a face began to open its mouth in silent congratulations for the happy couple. (Or maybe that was a silent scream.)
It was a nice time before the masks rocketed out of their confines, smashing glass and walls and anything in their way. The door was made for them, and that was where they'd stay, nice and cozy as the apocalypse seemed to open above them.
The clock tower rang the time. As the echoes of the chimes rang out through the air, the clock above door began to move. It was counting down, and with it, the door slowly opened.
What to do, Smash Academy?
- Tags:!open log, bowser (mario), cyrus (pokemon), eggman/robotnik (sonic the hedgehog), flurrie (mario), jolt/jolteon (pokemon), knuckles (sonic the hedgehog), melia antiqua (xenoblade), mesprit (pokemon), skull kid (zelda), sonic (sonic the hedgehog), sonny moe/snorlax (pokemon), vianca/winged pikmin (pikmin), wave (sonic the hedgehog)
Who: Cyrus and whoever
What: STUDY TIME
Where: The one part of the library that isn't ruined
When: first week of January
So, all those books that Cyrus insisted on salvaging from the library before that giant creature stepped on it? They're lying around on the table in the study room that somehow managed to miss being hit by that huge foot. Granted, the windows and walls are cracked, but they're still standing and provide a shield from the cold.
Handbills advertising that people should go to that location are hung around the campus and town. Perhaps, the signs indicated, that research could lead to salvation.
And of course Cyrus was there. Though he was unstable and unfocused, he was forcing himself to follow through with his research.
: Rock, Zero, anyone who wants to show upWhat
: Standing on the roof staring dramatically is the natural state of robotsWhere
: Whatever tall rooftop managed to survive the ColossusWhen
: Wednesday, November 11
It felt like all hope was gone, or vanishing fast. The moon got closer to the ground every day, and even now it hung ominously in the sky. Time was running out. And Rock felt like perhaps this time, it was the end... He stood on the roof, watching the sky, hands clenching and unclenching as he tried to think of something, ANYTHING, he could do that would help. He was so distracted he wouldn't notice if anyone decided to come join him.
Who: Cyrus, Mesprit, and... her siblings!? Gasp!
What: Cyrus has Mesprit call to her brothers so he can snatch them up and do that Red Chain thing again.
' evil lair of good intentions laboratory with his extraction machine
When: Oct. 22nd
Warnings: C for Cyrus trying to cleanse the universe of shit by draining power from pokémon of feelings and mind and stuff. Bad things are bound to happen.
With the moon's impact on the planet looming, Mesprit had been quite anxious. She was afraid for the world and hadn't been this scared since... well, she couldn't remember, but she knew something bad had happened before. She missed her siblings, her family,... she wasn't sure what to do to make things better. But she'd had a volley of exchanges with Mister Man/Cyrus that hinted at resolution, so she did as he had asked: while she couldn't send out direct distress calls to her brothers, she could send a low-lying S.O.S. to other Psychic types and hope they reached them both. If Arceus heard it and came, too, naturally it would have been a nice surprise, but she knew it would be highly unlikely.
She sat on a mound of what used to be bricks forming her dorm room. With her best efforts, she lowered her head almost prayer-like, voicelessly emitting a slow, urgent feeling of fear and concern for one's siblings--a feeling only one of blood relation or high sensitivity to emotion would sense. Along with her feelings, she attempted to transmit an image of her broken school as an indication of what the problem was and where she could be found.
The effort had left her drained and unable to "listen" for any responses. (Whether she'd be able to receive any at this point in time would be debatable, what with the weird inability to leave the area, anyway.) Fatigued and in need of rest and protection, she flew to the building where Cyrus had arranged for her to meet him. She weakly knocked on his door with her tail.
"Mister Man... I called Uxie and Azelf for help! Are you home? Can you let me in?"
A Mountain, Campus and You.What:
Watch your heads, cause someone's not watching their steps. There's destruction afoot.When:
All across campus.
As far as Sundays went, this one was pretty typical, despite the lingering blood moon that persisted well into the morning. If you disregarded that, you could certainly call it lovely. The air held the crisp kiss of autumn's chill, the breeze rustling the fire hued foliage of campus. Eventually the sun's golden rays chased away the moon, bringing with it the deep blue of the sky.
It was entirely possible to forget anything bizarre was happening on such a nice day. Monsters, earthquakes, pssht. Those didn't exist today.
At least not until the first rumble echoed off the edge of campus. And then the next. And the next. And the next. Each one closer, stronger, rattling everything that wasn't fixed in place. The more astute in their panic might have noticed that it was far too rhythmic in its shocks. It was like a heartbeat, or a particularly strong footstep down rickety stairs.
Or perhaps they just noticed that a huge foot had come crashing through the roof of whatever building they happened to be in. Probably a striking detail, that.
The mountains, it seemed, were out for a stroll.
beast was ambling without a care in the world. The school buildings it was walking over (and through) posed no issue for it. Clearly it was just enjoying the fine Sunday like anyone else would. The mountains it had apparently wandered down from must have looked too boring, or maybe that little wolf thing had been making too much of a racket.
Either way, it was here and it was peacefully walking directly through Smash Academy.
[Open log! You may want to react to the happenings, or help people evacuate! Maybe there's something to be done about the creature? Watch your step! Questions and plotting can be found here!
- Tags:!open log, blaze (sonic the hedgehog), bulba/venusaur (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), eggman/robotnik (sonic the hedgehog), gordon freeman (half-life), joel (the last of us), jolt/jolteon (pokemon), knuckles (sonic the hedgehog), lucca ashtear (chrono trigger), marine the racoon (sonic rush adventure), mesprit (pokemon), pit (kid icarus), rock light (mega man), rouge (sonic the hedgehog), wave (sonic the hedgehog), zero (mega man)
Where: THE MALL!
When: NOW! (September 20 - 26)
Warnings: S for SHOPPING
Sometimes... Sometimes people just needed things. Basic necessities, food, clothes, video games... Of course, after the big Angry Birds attack a few days ago, it was likely people needed to replace broken things too. (How did that even happen anyway...)
Whatever the reason, the mall was the place to be.
- Tags:!open log, acacia/sandslash (pokemon), blaze (sonic the hedgehog), blue (pokemon), bulba/venusaur (pokemon), chiyo/vaporeon (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), daisy (mario), eggman/robotnik (sonic the hedgehog), jolt/jolteon (pokemon), jon talbain (darkstalkers), knuckles (sonic the hedgehog), lucca ashtear (chrono trigger), marine the racoon (sonic rush adventure), oren/sylveon (pokemon), pit (kid icarus), rio/oddish (pokemon), rock light (mega man), ronnae 'mash belore ryllos (warcraft), shantae (shantae), vinnie/venusaur (pokemon), wave (sonic the hedgehog), zero (mega man)
: Anyone who's a cool dude (EVERYONE)What
: BEACH LOGWhere
: AT THE BEACHWhen
: Last week before schoolWarnings
: Rising ocean levels and potential shenanigans
Nothing like one last hurrah before summer's over and you have to go back to school, right? Even if the water level's pretty high right now, it's-- what do you mean this is low tide? Really?
Well, at least there's still a sliver of sand left to chill out on, make sandcastles, have evening bonfires, and maybe you can even squeeze in a game of
dead or alive
beach volleyball. The sun's bright and warm and there's a refreshing sea breeze washing over the coast. Just be careful in the water and have a good time.
- Tags:!open log, bowser (mario), bulba/venusaur (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), fefnir (mega man), flurrie (mario), green (pokemon), harpuia (megaman), joel (the last of us), kerosene/charizard (pokemon), little mac (punch out), marine the racoon (sonic rush adventure), melia antiqua (xenoblade), mesprit (pokemon), mona (wario ware), oren/sylveon (pokemon), riwane/charizard (pokemon), ronnae 'mash belore ryllos (warcraft), sonic (sonic the hedgehog), vinnie/venusaur (pokemon), zero (mega man)
: Cyrus, etcWhat
: Pontificating and whatever party crashing may occurWhere
: Spear Pillar! Well, the Spear Pillar stage in the stadiumWhen
: Monday night
It was imperfect. What the stadium's programming summoned as the Spear Pillar was ever so close, but just short of its true image. For starters, that tree there. The true place was barren of any life, in a primal state of everpresent beginning and ending. Even the tree's apparent deadness, perhaps meant to represent that cycle, was inappropriate.
Cyrus wondered who had programmed it. Who had been there, to get such massive details wrong yet even the smallest carvings on the altars correct?
At that peak, he let his mind wander. That was what he had come there for.( And furthermore )
Who: Cyrus and YOU!
What: Moon viewing!
Where: School rooftop
When: Did you know last weekend was a blue moon? Last weekend, the end of July.
Impromptu signs had gone up around the school, seemingly out of nowhere. If anybody saw them go up, they might see a black and red ferretlike creature pinning them up in a flash.
Moon viewing party! How fun!
Of course the fliers left out that it was being facilitated by Cyrus but still, fun! If he could be avoided. Which was unlikely.
But looking at the night sky would be nice. And he didn't specifically ban snacks or whatever...
Sonny and Cyrus!What:
Taco Tuesday backdated to Friday! ...maybe they should have fajitas...?Where:
FDCs premier Taco Restaurant, Taco Libre!When:
It's Cyrus and Sonny so there's probably not going to be anything!
So, this was... a thing.
Most people were aware of Sunshine Mortimer's penchant for being friendly to people who perhaps didn't deserve it. He'd tried to befriend Blood Falcon much to everyone's chagrin. When the topic of his employment came up the response 'Wait!? You work for BOWSER!?' was a thing that often happened. (Though, to be entirely fair he literally thought Bowser was the nicest guy you could ever meet. Frankly, he ought to be an inspiration to all who knew him.) And this would probably be no different. 'Wait!? You took CYRUS out for tacos!?'
Yes, world. Sonny was taking Cyrus out for Tacos. Deal. With. It.
His theory was this: Befriend a bad guy, turn him good, or just be there to help stop him if things get out of hand. Flawless logic.
They had arranged a time and place and Sonny was early, eager to get his taco on. Now all that remained was to wait for his new Pal!
The Island of the AncientsWhen:
August 19th OnwardWhere:
Who knows?( the answer lies beneath us )
- Tags:!open log, connor kenway (assassin's creed), cyrus (pokemon), gordon freeman (half-life), hayato saionji (osu tatakae ouendan), hilda (pokemon), jon talbain (darkstalkers), kumatora (mother), lucca ashtear (chrono trigger), pit (kid icarus), pyrrhon (kid icarus), riwane/charizard (pokemon)
All of Smash.What:
Dorm log! Summertime special.Where:
Student and Teacher dorms, and quite possibly beyond campus. When:
Approximately the latter half of July to the earliest of Augusts (25th - 15th)Warnings:
YOU KNOW YOURSELVES
We all know our characters experience downtime after classes and their busy schedules, and this is a good venue for those kinds of miscellaneous dorm-shenanigans to take place. Not only does it give your characters the easy chance to meet new people in a laid-back environment, but it's a good mechanism for strengthening CR. It's easy!
Feel free to begin in any way you please! Plan with (a) fellow player(s) if you'd like! Or, set up a thread and wait for characters to bite! Just add a thread with the room number (and date/time, if it matters) and the characters that reside there (just for reference!). You do not have to use one character's thread as a dual-purpose for both characters if you do not want to. Doesn't have to be a dorm room, either, if you have something else in mind.
And don't forget: things are getting pretty freaky! Shadow bugs are still rife around the school and city, causing all kinds of trouble, but most significantly capable of cloning people and even objects. For the remainder of July, the dimensional lines are a little blurred and causing alternate universe versions of characters to show up. But something ever curiouser has started to show up on campus... Bubbles?
Subspace bubbles? They look kinda like the ones dotting the sky... Dare ye enter?
If you do, you'll find that it... just ends up being a portal to another part of the school. Sometimes they may lead you into some part of town. Weird! Hopefully it doesn't lead you anywhere embarrassing, like in the middle of a stage play or in the bathroom of the opposite sex. That's mortifying.( And now, for your events! )
For reference, here
are the rooming arrangements.
- Tags:!open log, apple kid (mother), bulba/venusaur (pokemon), charlise/drifblim (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), ecolo (puyo puyo), flint (mother), flurrie (mario), garrett (thief), hajime tanaka (osu tatakae ouendan), hayato saionji (osu tatakae ouendan), hilda (pokemon), ian malkovich (metroid), jock/arcanine (pokemon), joel (the last of us), jon talbain (darkstalkers), kiyotaka ishimaru (dangan ronpa), kumatora (mother), lucca ashtear (chrono trigger), madotsuki (yume nikki), mario (mario), max (advance wars), melia antiqua (xenoblade), mondo oowada (dangan ronpa), olivia (fire emblem), pit (kid icarus), pulseman (pulseman), riwane/charizard (pokemon), sable (animal crossing), samus aran (metroid), sonny moe/snorlax (pokemon), soryk val'kaeon/blood elf (warcraft), voile/gardevoir (pokemon), watt (mario), ziio (assassin's creed)
: Cyrus and whoeverWhat
: A terrible memory from the skyWhere
: Somewhere between the town and the schoolWhen
: July 3rd, when the freaky purple things are overheard
There were only a few pieces left. Just a few p worth of hardware and his work would be complete. And for that, Cyrus decided to walk to the town to pick them up. He rarely left the campus, but it was a short walk and he'd been neglecting his physical form lately, what with all the work on the robots.
It was what others would call a fairly nice day. The weather was optimal for the environment, and the heat was seasonal but not oppressive. The sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds, and the--
He stopped mid-step. Something had darted across the sky, something that triggered a sudden impact in his mind.( Read more... )
Who: Cyrus, studentsThe tale of the ancient king
What: Ethics final!
Where: The usual classroom
When: Monday, 1 pm
Warnings: Incredibly frustrating essays.
When the students arrive for their final, Cyrus is, as usual, already there. The question on the board, in his usual precise handwriting, is deceptively simple.
According to legend, a war once consumed several faraway regions. The king of one region sent his Pokémon to battle, where it was killed. Out of grief, he summoned a powerful force to destroy the battlefield, killing thousands of people and Pokémon.
You will write a minimum of five pages on this subject, covering the following points: Are the deaths of thousands justified to stop a war that would kill far more? Does his motivation of grief justify his actions? Without that motivation, would your views on his actions change? Either way, why? What would you do if the situation arose under your power? Explain your actions.
You have until 3 pm.
Who: Cyrus, Voile, and Rhys
Where: A field away from town
When: Sunday night
He had already delivered the invitations, slipping them under the doors of those he wished to attend. There were only two, Voile and Rhys, and those were all that were needed.
Arriving just before dusk, Cyrus set up the telescopes--two, along with a binocular and some lineless notebooks, and some hot water in a lined bottle.
He could wait all night, though he hoped he wouldn't have to.
Who: Cyrus and etc
What: Do you want to build a robot?
Where: Machinery lab
When: Friday, any time
Machines were where the world made sense. With the chaos and rage around him, Cyrus had always found peace in working with machines. They had their purpose, did what they were meant to, and if they were faulty, they could be broken down and rebuilt.
They would be the perfect life form, if they were alive.
Certainly R.O.B. was alive. That itself was a marvel, something to be learned from. Something with the potential to revolutionize everything.
And yet, automatons were all Cyrus needed at the moment. The Ethics teacher was hard at work constructing...something. A few somethings. Lying around the way were a handful of what seemed to be the start of metal mannequins.
Go bother him, won't you?
December 15th - January 1stWhere:
Sloppy makeouts.( underneath the mistletoe last night )
- Tags:!open log, alter ego (dangan ronpa), aoi asahina (dangan ronpa), apple kid (mother), blaze (sonic the hedgehog), blue (pokemon), bowser (mario), bulba/venusaur (pokemon), captain falcon (f-zero), chihiro fujisaki (dangan ronpa), chili (pokemon), chiyo/vaporeon (pokemon), clear (dramatical murder), copy x (megaman zero), cress (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), daisy (mario), desmond miles (assassin's creed), eggman/robotnik (sonic the hedgehog), eirika (fire emblem), ellistree moonshadow/elf troll (warcraft, evve/sylveon (pokemon), flurrie (mario), francine (animal crossing), garrett (thief), goombella (mario), hajime tanaka (osu tatakae ouendan), haytham kenway (assassin's creed), henry (fire emblem), hidehiko uesugi (persona), hifumi yamada (dangan ronpa), ike (fire emblem), jock/arcanine (pokemon), jolt/jolteon (pokemon), kerosene/charizard (pokemon), kiyotaka ishimaru (dangan ronpa), kumatora (mother), mary (ib), mawrow/marowak (pokemon), max (advance wars), melia antiqua (xenoblade), milimili/banette (pokemon), mondo oowada (dangan ronpa), nyx/gengar (pokemon), ocelot (metal gear), pit (kid icarus), r.o.b. (gyromite), rhys (fire emblem), rick (portal), riwane/charizard (pokemon), sable (animal crossing), samus aran (metroid), sasha/charizard (pokemon), shantae (shantae), snake (metal gear), soryk val'kaeon/blood elf (warcraft), ulki (fire emblem), vianca/winged pikmin (pikmin), vinnie/venusaur (pokemon), vivian/turret (portal), voile/gardevoir (pokemon), watt (mario), wheatley (portal), yasuhiro hagakure (dangan ronpa), zelda (zelda; ocarina of time), ziio (assassin's creed)
SNOW (BONUS TREE DECORATING)( rock )
- Tags:!open log, alter ego (dangan ronpa), apple kid (mother), bowser (mario), chihiro fujisaki (dangan ronpa), chiyo/vaporeon (pokemon), clear (dramatical murder), connor kenway (assassin's creed), cyrus (pokemon), desmond miles (assassin's creed), eirika (fire emblem), ellistree moonshadow/elf troll (warcraft, hajime tanaka (osu tatakae ouendan), haytham kenway (assassin's creed), jock/arcanine (pokemon), milimili/banette (pokemon), mondo oowada (dangan ronpa), pit (kid icarus), red (pokemon), rhys (fire emblem), snake (metal gear), soryk val'kaeon/blood elf (warcraft), ulki (fire emblem), vivian/turret (portal), voile/gardevoir (pokemon), ziio (assassin's creed)
Who: Cyrus, Volie, and Phoenix
What: A meeting of the minds!
Where: Cyrus's flat
When: Monday the 2nd
Warnings: Uh...XY non-plot spoilers?
In the midst of the sterile, chrome-intensive room that may as well have been Cyrus's own pocket dimension, there was an odd touch of domesticity. A small tea set, traditional in design and make, awaited company, with three cups set beside it.
It was almost like looking at a mirage.
At the time of the appointment, the man stood by the door, waiting for his guests to arrive.
A FALL CARNIVALWhen:
Friday, October 25th - October 30th.Where:
General shenanigans.( I sense there's something in the wind )
- Tags:!open log, *event - halloween 2013, apple kid (mother), bowser (mario), chili (pokemon), clear (dramatical murder), connor kenway (assassin's creed), cress (pokemon), cyrus (pokemon), eirika (fire emblem), francine (animal crossing), garry (ib), hajime tanaka (osu tatakae ouendan), henry (fire emblem), ib (ib), ike (fire emblem), jock/arcanine (pokemon), kei nanjo (persona), kiyotaka ishimaru (dangan ronpa), little mac (punch out), mary (ib), max (advance wars), mondo oowada (dangan ronpa), naoki/demifiend (shin megami tensei), pit (kid icarus), rhys (fire emblem), sable (animal crossing), sasha/charizard (pokemon), snake (metal gear), sonny moe/snorlax (pokemon), soryk val'kaeon/blood elf (warcraft), vinnie/venusaur (pokemon), watt (mario), yasuhiro hagakure (dangan ronpa), zelda (zelda; ocarina of time), ziio (assassin's creed)